Healthconnect enables care coordination across the community through a secure network of electronic health record systems (EHRs)
that links all providers in Southeast Texas. This connectivity at the point of care allows higher quality, more efficient
Healthconnect is a not-for-profit, neutral entity governed by a community volunteer board, with initial support provided by a grant through the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
Service Area & Market Share
23 counties serving 6.8 million people, 133 hospitals and 14,000 physicians. Healthconnect currently serves 39% of the region’s physicians and 51% of the hospital market.
• Clinical Integration: by connecting providers’ EHRs, caregivers have access to all
community-wide information and images within their EHR’s clinical workflow.
The patient’s community health record remains current by query-search or Direct Messaging
• Image Sharing: enables providers to access and share medical images across the community.
• Web-Based Portal: can query patient records via a secure link.
• State and National Connectivity: providers can securely share and access patient health
information with providers outside the region.
Participation fees, value added services and
• Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas
• Baylor College of Medicine
• CHI St. Luke's Health
• CHRISTUS Health of Southeast Texas
• City of Houston Health and Human Services
• Community Health Choice
• Galveston County Health District
• Harris Health System
• Houston Fire Department
• Houston Methodist
• Huntsville Memorial Hospital
• Kelsey–Seybold Clinic
• Legacy Community Health Services
• MHMRA of Harris County
• OakBend Medical Center
• Renaissance Physicians Organization
• Southeast Texas Medical Associates
• St. Joseph Medical Center
• Texas Children’s Hospital
• Texas Children’s Health Plan
• The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
• UT Medical Branch at Galveston
• UT Physicians
• Center for Houston’s Future
• The Clinton Foundation
• The George McMillan Fleming Center for
• Harris County Healthcare Alliance
• Harris County Medical Society
• Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• Houston Technology Center
• Jefferson County Medical Society